Monday, July 19, 2010

Mmmm Starbucks

Now, before start rambling, can I just first say that I absolutely adore getting a Starbucks whenever I go downtown? There's nothing like a good cup o' Starbucks in one's hand when strolling down Yonge/Bloor that makes the experience just that much more exquisite.

So imagine my delight when I ran across an article that revealed said company to be the first brand on Facebook to reach a fan base of over 10 million! Yes ladies and gents, that's over 10 000 000! This is partially due to its popularity as well as its international presence all over the world. However, Starbucks also has an extremely active presence on Facebook, and has slowly amassed its fan base through their marketing and promotions such as giveaways and advertising. Some of their more recent promotional activities included a free ice cream giveaway, as well their Happy Hour Frappuccino event, in which yours truly (happily) partook in. In fact, they were the most popular coffee chain in the site as early as June 2009, if you would believe it or not.

According to Inside Facebook, which is published by Inside Network, the Starbucks fan page is consistently one of the top 20 fastest growing pages.

All the more reason to go out and buy yourself a Grande Latte!!


3 comments:

Kevin said...

yum... i particularly like their free internet =) sometimes when i get bored, i just sit there with my frap and check my email/facebook

Nikita Raja said...

I adore starbuck's and love my frapps! However, while living down under for the past months...I learned that Starbuck's is quite a "miss" in Australia discovered it's is not very successful over there. Mind you they had a few locations here and there, but "Gloria Jeans" is their popular coffee brand.

Karen said...

I've actually never tried their free internet..I know that they used to require you to sign up on their website before you can log on, but recently they made it so it was free for everyone, non-members included!

Really, Nikita?! When I went to China/HK, they all had at least one Starbucks dotted here and there, especially in their more busy areas. Gloria Jeans..never heard of it!