Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cannes Lions 2010

As some of you may or may not know, the 57th Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival just passed at the end of June at the Palais des Festivals. The Cannes Lions Festival is one of the most prestigious advertising awards held in Cannes, France annually, with over 20 000 pieces of creative advertising entered from all over the world, and judged by a jury of 250 split into judging different categories.

Below are just some of the Grand Prix winners in the many different categories. I won't put a description since I think it might ruin the effect, but I'm sure that (like me) you'll be mightily impressed!

Film Lions:
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like; Old Spice

Cyber Lions:
This was shared by Volkswagen's Fun Theory and Nike Livestrong Foundation's Chalkbot. Go here and here for links to the sites!

Grand Prix for Good:
Choose a Different Ending; the Metropolitan Police
(I actually tried this one out a few days ago, and it totally reminded me of a virtual version of those child books that I used to read when I was a child, when I could pick my different endings and flip to the different pages at the back of the book. My, I think I just dated myself there...)


For the full list (and the shortlist) of the winners of the 2010 Cannes Lions, go here. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

haha i seriously laughed out loud the first time i watched that old spice commercial!

Kevin said...

i wish i smelled like old spice.
they won so many awards cuz their entire campaign was just too awesome. the guy did a billion video responses to comments on his twitter hahaha (and i especially liked his last video)

go on youtube and check it out