Friday, September 10, 2010

Google Instant


As if Google can't get any better than it already is. But apparently, it can. Earlier this week, the company released Google Instant, a "new search enhancement that shows results as you type."
Well...isn't it what I've been getting all this time? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to have always seen the drop-down box that comes up whenever I type in anything in the search bar. Or maybe they sped up the thing? Seems to me they just tweaked a few things here and there, bundled it up and presented it as a brand new toy. Or am I thinking of a completely different thing?

Mind you, I checked it out a few times when I found out about GI, and the results do seem to pop up a bit faster, and more correctly as I continue typing, so maybe there is some merit to this new handy dandy...thing. I mean, just check out the image I posted! Pretty nifty, eh?

For more information, I suggest y'all head on over here for a small perusal, and here to try it out for yourself!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

i didn't notice a major difference either...but apparently it saves the average user 2 seconds per search which adds up eventually!